Knowledgebase: Visas > UK
What types of UK settlement visa are there?
Posted by , Last modified by on 22 November 2012 04:54 PM

While UK immigration authorities provide several types of UK settlement visa, the most common ones we manage are listed below:

Visa type


Fiancee Required if the applicant has arranged to marry in the United Kingdom and intends to permanently stay after marriage with their spouse. Non EU nationals may not marry in the UK without such a visa unless they have a visa which has been issued for more than six months and has a minimum of three months validity left. Please be aware that this is not visitor visato allow an applicant to visit the UK to see "if they like it" and then marry, the purpose of this visa is to allow a person to enter the UK for thepurpose of marriage and settle afterwards.

For applicants who are already married, (e.g. married in Russia), and wish to enter the United Kingdom and permanently live with their spouse.

For applicants who are dependant of the main applicant, (e.g. children under the age of 18) the visa fee is the same for children and the British consulate offer no discounts.

Dependant For parent, grandparent and other dependant relative of a settled person. Please note that sponsors of elderly people are to fill in and sign Sponsorship Undertaking Form.
(1 vote(s))
Not helpful

Comments (0)