Knowledgebase: Visas > Kazakhstan
Do I need a Kazakhstan visa for my child?
Posted by , Last modified by on 22 November 2012 04:31 PM

In most cases, your child will need a Kazakhstan visa; however, for children under 16 years of age at the time of travel there is no consular fee.

All children, that is a person under the age of 18, need to provide additional documents with their applications:

  1. A copy of both parents' passport information page
  2. A completed parental consent letter signed by both parents (in cases where only one parent is travelling, this letter should confirm that it is with the agreement of both parents)
  3. A copy of the child’s birth certificate (preferably the long version with both parents’ names on)

These documents do not need to be notarised, apostiled or witnessed by a solicitor and you should not send originals unless we ask you to do so.

If the child cannot sign the application form themselves, then the parent or guardian should sign on their behalf and note this under the signature, e.g. Mother.

In the event that you are the sole parent or guardian of the child and you are not able to provide the second parent’s passport copy and signature then you should provide:

  1. A copy of your divorce certificate OR death certificate of parent(s) OR child's birth certificate noting "father unknown" and Child's birth certificate AND alter the parental consent letter to explain why the second parent / guardian is not able to give consent.
  2. If you have been awarded sole guardianship / custody of the child, or parental responsibility by a court of law, then please enclose a copy of this as well.

In the event that your child is only travelling with a guardian who is not their parent, please provide a copy of the guardian’s passport information page in addition to the documents mentioned above, and indicate in the parental consent letter that the child will be under the constant supervision of the guardian rather than the parent(s).

(0 vote(s))
Not helpful

Comments (0)